JOB TITLE: Designer/Drafter
The designer/drafter is primarily responsible to produce production drawings for natural gas line heaters, industrial direct contact water heaters, and glycol dehydration units. This will include both fabrication and assembly detail drawings. Direction will be given from the project Engineer to modify a pre-designed unit drawing package to meet the customer’s requirements for each job. It will be the designer’s responsibility to take the engineering handoff package and with minimal instructions create a production handoff package for each project.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create 3-d part models using SOLIDWORKS
- Create 3-d assemblies using SOLIDWORKS
- Create detail drawings for both parts and models in SOLIDWORKS
- Export 2-d drawing files for part to be cut from plate material
- Create electrical schematics and /or P&ID drawings using AutoCad
- Generate CNC files for the burn table using Pronest
- Generate part numbers for each new part used in a project using Epicor
- Create and maintain drawing parts, their part numbers, descriptions, and specs in SOLIDWORKS
- Store project files using the SOLIDWORKS Workgroup PDM. Check files in and out of the PDM “vault” system.
- Print and copy drawings to create production handoff packages.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment. Regular trips to shop and warehouse for observation and research are also required.
When in the manufacturing facility, all employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include/hearing protection, and safety glasses with side shields. Protective toe boots are not required when employee is in designated walkways in the plant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While preforming duties of this job, the person in this position frequently communicates with employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee constantly must remain stationary for long periods of time, while operating a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access filing cabinets and operate office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and laminator.
The employee might occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
On occasion, may be required to visit the shop that is a non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to
5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 2 Year Technical school in drafting design (3-D and 2-D).
- 3-5 years using SOLIDWORKS.
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in drafting or related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
None required for this position.
OGI is an equal employment opportunity employer.
OGI recognizes and embraces federal legislation on equal employment opportunity, and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination. All applicants for employment and all employees will be afforded equal opportunity and treatment, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or other protected status.
All employees are responsible for complying with all applicable Federal, State and Local Laws, rules and regulations regarding non-discrimination practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Does this position sound like a fit for you? Send us your resume!