Electrical Design Intern
The Electrical Design Intern will be responsible for assisting in drafting of schematics and panel layouts for electrical control systems using CAD software provided.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with engineering personnel to develop electrical drawing packages in AutoCAD Electrical including schematics, bill of materials, and panel layouts.
- Communicate drawing changes with panel shop personnel.
- Perform project tasks while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Utilize, support, and enhance drafting and panel shop standards and best practices.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in both a professional office environment and panel shop. Regular trips to shop and warehouse to observe, assist, or research are also required. When in the manufacturing facility, all employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include/hearing protection, and safety glasses with side shields. Protective toe boots are not required when employee is in designated walkways in the plant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While preforming duties of this job, the person in this position frequently communicates with employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee constantly must remain stationary for long periods of time, while operating a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access filing cabinets and operate office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and laminator.
The employee might occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
On occasion, may be required to visit the main shop that is a non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an internship position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday part-time – hours are negotiable based on school schedule up to 20 hours a week.
No travel is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD or other design software packages.
- Proficiency with computer technologies in including, but not limited to, Windows Operation System and the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
Preferred Education and Experience
Pursuing drafting/design certification or Electrical Engineering Technology degree.
Experience with AutoCAD Electrical or Autodesk software.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
None required for this position.
OGI is an equal employment opportunity employer.
OGI recognizes and embraces federal legislation on equal employment opportunity, and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination. All applicants for employment and all employees will be afforded equal opportunity and treatment, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or other protected status.
All employees are responsible for complying with all applicable Federal, State and Local Laws, rules and regulations regarding non-discrimination practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NOTE: MEETING THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS, JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, ATTENDANCE AND WORKING HOURS ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE ELECTRICAL DESIGN INTERN POSITION.