Fitter Welder I
The fitter welder I is responsible for fitting parts for OGI units.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clamps, holds, tack-welds, grinds, and bolts components to position for welding.
- Fits nozzles, and couplings per blue print into shell.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports defective tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops. All employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include noise/hearing protection, safety glasses with side shields, safety harness, full face grinding shield, welding hood and OSHA compliant safety boots/shoes within the manufacturing facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee in this position is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. This position requires walking, the ability to reach, ascend/descend ladders, bend, kneel, and stoop. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Additional work hours and weekends may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 1 year of relevant experience and/or training.
- Read and interpret blue prints and have strong mathematic skills.
- Ability to use and read level, tapes, protractors, and various tools.
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Ability to pass applicable welding test.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2 year technical degree or vocational certificate in welding.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
None required for this position.
OGI is an equal employment opportunity employer.
OGI recognizes and embraces federal legislation on equal employment opportunity, and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination. All applicants for employment and all employees will be afforded equal opportunity and treatment, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or other protected status.
All employees are responsible for complying with all applicable Federal, State and Local Laws, rules and regulations regarding non-discrimination practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NOTE: MEETING THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS, JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, ATTENDANCE AND WORKING HOURS ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE ASSEMBLY POSITION.
Does this position sound like a fit for you? Send us your resume!