Accounts Receivable Administrative Assistant
This position will provide various organizational, accounting, computer, and general office duties. The core Accounting function will be focused on Customer Billing and collections.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform all aspects of customer progressive billing and collections
- Provide customers with accurate and timely billing information
- Monitor all outstanding AR balances and research account discrepancies
- Track all customer payments and escalate delinquent accounts and/or errors to Controller
- Maintain customer accounts from credit application to billing details
- Process and reconcile sales rep commissions
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effectively evaluate and present analysis of billing/collection performance and explain
- Participate in monthly AR credit risk and cash flow reviews with controller
- Ensures front reception area is manned and secure at all times and covered by other personnel during breaks or while performing other administrative duties which require work elsewhere in the office.
- Responsible to ensure coverage of the reception office phone and ensure visitors are greeted promptly and hospitably as the first impression to all visitors.
- Ensure all visitors sign in, provide proper identification, visitor badge, and are escorted by OGI employee at all times while on the property.
- Answer telephone calls and direct to the appropriate employee (make sure phones are put on Night settings at the end of each workday).
- Opens gate and front door, screening visitors as needed.
- Administer Security procedure for OGI as the first line of defense for the company, providing company alerts, support evacuation, and other safety escalation procedures.
- Orders, receives, stocks, and distributes office and kitchen supplies.
- Maintains neat appearance of common areas of office building, including the lobby, kitchen, and conference room, and the supply cabinets/shelves and surrounding area.
- Assists with mailing/scanning/filing office documents and storage at year end.
- Assists with customer credit applications.
- Occasionally takes lunch orders, runs errands as needed, supports special events.
- Serves as administrative resource for all staff.
- Special projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year of relevant experience and/or training.
- Associates degree preferred (administrative/clerical studies, communications, or business).
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and positive disposition.
- Moderate level of computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Full-Time Position
- M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the person in this position frequently communicates with employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee constantly must remain stationary for long periods of time, while operating a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access filing cabinets and operate office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and laminator. This position will also require vigorous bodily movements for cleaning, swiping, re-stocking, and reaching for objects that may be slightly out of reach.
The employee might occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Experience with MS Office and data programs
- Familiarity with administrative duties
- Experience using office equipment, like computers, copy machines, and scanners
- Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Organizational skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
- Attention to detail