The Code Fitter Welder is responsible for fitting and welding ASME code 100% x-ray coils.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clamps, holds, tack-welds, grinds, and bolts components to position for welding.
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Develop templates and models for welding projects, using mathematical calculations based on blueprint information.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Maintain and complete all required records and production documentation.
- Layout fits nozzles supports and couplings per blueprint into coil.
- Remove rough spots from workpieces using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports defective tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OGI has determined this position involves safety-sensitive job duties and will be considered a safety-sensitive position for purpose of the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act (“The Unity Bill.”) effective August 29th, 2019.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 2-year technical degree or vocational certificate in welding preferred
- 4 to 5 years of relevant experience and/or training
- Read and interpret blueprints and have strong mathematic skills
- Ability to use and read level, tapes, protractors, and various tools
- Possession of strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to pass ASME Code Section 8 Welding Test, GTAW (TIG) 6g Position, FCAW (Fluxcore)
- Full Time Position
- Monday-Thursday 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops. All employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include noise/hearing protection, safety glasses with side shields, safety harness, full face grinding shield, welding hood and OSHA compliant safety boots/shoes within the manufacturing facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee in this position is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. This position requires walking, the ability to reach, ascend/descend ladders, bend, kneel, and stoop. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Technical Capacity