Electrical Department Lead
The Electrical Department Lead is responsible for designing and developing layouts for electrical circuits or systems. The Electrical Lead supports the design and implementation of manufactured OGI systems which includes design changes. This position manages the production of detailed schematics, enclosure builds, and heater electrical assembly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Discuss projects with project team to review functions of equipment and systems, interface with project team regularly to resolve technical issues to ensure expectations are met.
- Provide guidance for engineering and drafting departments.
- Work with engineering personnel to develop electrical drawing packages in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Assist the engineering department with company’s strategic direction regarding engineering projects.
- Assist automation personnel with field research of existing electrical systems, testing of installed systems, and commissioning of the PLC/HMI-based control systems.
- Perform project tasks while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Utilize, support, and enhance automation, standards, and best practices.
- Design and quote future jobs per customer specifications and requirements.
- Specify, and design control systems for water bath heaters, industrial water heaters, equipment, and communication systems to interact with customer plants and equipment.
- Work with other departments to ensure mutual support.
- Work with OGI customers and sales representatives to develop designs and resolve any outstanding issues/problems.
- Monitor assembly and fabrication of control systems.
- Administer all aspects of employee management to include hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, performance reviews, pay increases, disciplinary actions, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
OGI has determined this position involves safety-sensitive job duties and will be considered a safety-sensitive position for purpose of the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act (“The Unity Bill.”) effective August 29th, 2019.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years or more related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD Electric or other design software packages
- Knowledge of current National Electrical Code
- Demonstrated understanding of commonly used electrical symbols, schematics, and components
- Proficiency with computer technologies in including, but not limited to, Windows Operation System and the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Possession of strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment. Regular trips to shop and warehouse for observation and research are also required. When in the manufacturing facility, all employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include/hearing protection, and safety glasses with side shields. Protective toe boots are not required when employee is in designated walkways in the plant.
- Full-Time Position
- M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the person in this position frequently communicates with employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee constantly must remain stationary for long periods of time, while operating a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access filing cabinets and operate office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and laminator.
The employee might occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
On occasion, may be required to visit the shop that is a non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Organizational Skills