The Panel Technician assembles and installs electrical control panel assemblies as well as device wiring.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Using electric or air-powered tools to drill, grind, etc. as required to fit parts together to form a finished final assembly.
- Position component parts according to material and blueprint lists.
- Wire lugs are crimped on the end of the wire and are done with manual crimpers and strippers.
- Wire looms need to be neat and wiring must be accurate.
- Point-to-point wiring diagrams are used to install all wiring. Routing of wire from one point to the other is a task requiring the ability to plan ahead to avoid rewiring.
- Focuses on quality, customer service, safety, productivity.
- Able to read blueprints, familiar with electrical codes, and use a multimeter to test control panels.
No travel is required for this position.
Education and Experience
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 2-year technical degree in electronics or related field preferred.1 to 5 years related experience in electrical wiring in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, or wire diagrams.
- Experience in wiring electrical products.
- Experience in industrial panel fabrication and testing.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Full-Time Position
- M-Th 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee in this position is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. This position requires walking, the ability to reach, ascend/descend ladders, bend, kneel, and stoop. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis