Plate Roll Operator
The Plate Roll Operator operates rolling machine to bend metal plates, sheets, or bars into arcs, cylinders, or cones, using blueprints, templates, and knowledge of geometry and physical properties of metal to set up machine and plan sequence of operations. Pulls lever to lift upper roll and positions workpiece into machine manually, or by crane.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adjusts roll between each pass to form workpiece into specified shape.
- Measures arcs with template.
- Enters information of workpiece to be rolled.
- Positions work pieces to be processed securely on machine, manually or using hoist or crane.
- Identifies equipment and material problems and advises supervisor.
- Adjust roll at angle to form conical shapes.
- Adjust roll to straighten warped or bent bars or plates.
- Re-rolls cylinders after welding.
- Checks roundness of finished cylinders.
- Operate other computer numeric controlled machinery as needed to meet production.
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
No travel is required for this position.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 2 years of experience as roll operator.
- Full-Time Position
- M-F 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee in this position is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. This position requires walking, the ability to reach, ascend/descend ladders, bend, kneel, and stoop. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Technical Capacity