The Service Technician is responsible for answering service calls from customers needing first line technical support. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts product installations, preventive maintenance, repair, modifications/updates, product trials and basic product operation.
- Pretest units before shipment to ensure optimal operating performance of equipment.
- Perform repairs and startups on water bath heaters and industrial heaters.
- Provides feedback on product performance to engineers and managers.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to customers.
- Responds to customer inquiries and ensure excellent customer service.
- Schedule service jobs and coordinate with customers.
- Trouble shoot over the phone with field operators.
- Actively support the company’s commitment to safety and its values.
- Frequent travel may be required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- 2 year technical degree or vocational certificate in related field preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience.
- Burner knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and electrical knowledge preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- None required for this position.
- Full Time Position
- M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee in this position is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. This position requires walking, the ability to reach, ascend/descend ladders, bend, kneel, and stoop. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally visit customer sites to evaluate projects, which may require moving above, below, over and around stationary objects. Some sites may have space limitations which, may make movement while installing, adjusting or repairing equipment and parts difficult. These customer sites may potentially be hot, cold or loud.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.