The Systems Analyst will be the main IT System and user support of business initiatives with the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program (Epicor). This role will test ERP changes, report issues, and ensure systems provide accurate and meaningful data. The Analyst will perform a variety of independent tasks to complete projects and facilitate system productivity and stability.
The Analyst’s role will center around system operations and processes and support all IT infrastructure and user needs. The position is responsible for providing business systems to provide the delivery of sound IT solutions and process improvements, specifically focusing on the organization's ERP system. To accomplish this, the Systems Analyst role requires project planning, learning, and understanding business requirements, execution of business improvements, and solutions to business processes and/or system enhancements/automation. The individual will provide technical and functional assistance to End Users and business needs while evaluating and developing systems solutions/procedures that are cost-effective and meet business requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as the functional and technical resource for IT projects.
- Establish and maintain Help Desk system and IT-related project management.
- Support maintenance and inventory of company software, licenses, and hardware.
- Interpret areas of opportunity to leverage the Epicor ERP system to meet current and future business needs.
- Administer, improve, manage, monitor, and query SQL Server databases.
- Drive standardized processes across the system.
- Understand and prioritize business requirements, to translate these needs into functional requirement documents and design specifications.
- Follow IT best practices and methodologies by gathering and documenting business requirements, developing project plans, obtaining business approvals, conducting risk assessment analysis, testing procedures, implementation of changes.
- Provide functional and technical support to end-users working within the Epicor system.
- Provide internal and external technical support and communications.
- Provide functional and technical support to end-users of OGI’s IT systems and structure.
- Manage system issues; analyze root cause of problems and provide direction for workarounds, corrections, and enhancements.
- Create process documentation and train end-users.
- Conduct gap analysis, process changes, conference room pilots, integration testing, system implementation, and post-production support.
- Provide after-hours on-call support as scheduled.
- Maintain support for QMS process with documentation and work instructions.
- Support other analyses, develop dashboards and reporting.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS, CS, or related industry preferred
- Minimum 2 to 5 years or more related experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in SQL development and ERP data tables
- Computer Hardware and Software maintenance and support experience
- Excellent written, organization, and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting ERP systems in a manufacturing and/or distribution Industry
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well independently or within a team, especially cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced working environment
- Full-Time Position
- M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the person in this position frequently communicates with employees and customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee constantly must remain stationary for long periods of time, while operating a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access filing cabinets and operate office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and laminator.
The employee might occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Professional and ethical conduct
- Ability to prioritize and manage expectations
- Function effectively in a team environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy with strong system thinking methods
- Strong problem identification, analysis, solving skills
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions