The maintenance technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Interact with vendors to order parts or services.
- Communicate with management team about issues and recommendations pertaining to equipment and efficiencies that impact production.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops. All employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include noise/hearing protection, safety glasses with side shields, and OSHA compliant safety boots/shoes within the manufacturing facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee in this position is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. This position requires walking, the ability to reach, ascend/descend ladders, bend, kneel, and stoop. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Minimal travel is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance.
- Strong mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
None required for this position.
OGI is an equal employment opportunity employer.
OGI recognizes and embraces federal legislation on equal employment opportunity, and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination. All applicants for employment and all employees will be afforded equal opportunity and treatment, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or other protected status.
All employees are responsible for complying with all applicable Federal, State and Local Laws, rules and regulations regarding non-discrimination practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NOTE: MEETING THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS, JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, ATTENDANCE AND WORKING HOURS ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE MAINTENANCE TECH POSITION.
Does this position sound like a fit for you? Send us your resume!