The Service Technician is responsible for answering service calls from customers needing first line technical support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts product installations, preventive maintenance, repair, modifications/updates, product trials and basic product operation.
- Pretest units before shipment to ensure optimal operating performance of equipment.
- Perform repairs and startups on water bath heaters and industrial heaters.
- Provides feedback on product performance to engineers and managers.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to customers.
- Responds to customer inquiries and ensure excellent customer service.
- Schedule service jobs and coordinate with customers.
- Trouble shoot over the phone with field operators.
- Actively support the company’s commitment to safety and its values.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops. All employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include noise/hearing protection, safety glasses with side shields, and OSHA compliant safety boots/shoes within the manufacturing facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee in this position is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. This position requires walking, the ability to reach, ascend/descend ladders, bend, kneel, and stoop. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally visit customer sites to evaluate projects, which may require moving above, below, over and around stationary objects. Some sites may have space limitations which, may make movement while installing, adjusting or repairing equipment and parts difficult. These customer sites may potentially be hot, cold or loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to
5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Frequent travel may be required for this position.
Education and Experience
- 2 year technical degree or vocational certificate in related field preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience.
- Burner knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and electrical knowledge preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
None required for this position.
OGI is an equal employment opportunity employer.
OGI recognizes and embraces federal legislation on equal employment opportunity, and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination. All applicants for employment and all employees will be afforded equal opportunity and treatment, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or other protected status.
All employees are responsible for complying with all applicable Federal, State and Local Laws, rules and regulations regarding non-discrimination practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NOTE: MEETING THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS, JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, ATTENDANCE AND WORKING HOURS ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICE TECH POSITION.