General Statement of Duties:
This position is responsible for answering service calls from customers needing technical support
Reports directly to the Service Manager
Essential Physical Demands:
Must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours on a regular basis (additional hours of work as necessary). Position requires remaining stationary at times and also moving great distances, while having a full range of motion to include the positioning of various items from above the head to the floor. Position requires remaining stationary for long periods of time with prolonged periods of monitoring computer screens and displays. Use office equipment such as but not limited to, copier, and fax machine is essential. Additionally, ascending/descending ladders or stairs while moving at least 50 pounds is essential.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work divided between an indoor office that is typically temperature controlled and clean with normal air contaminants or a non-temperature controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops. All employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include noise/hearing protection, safety glasses with side shields, and OSHA compliant safety boots/shoes within the manufacturing facility. Requires the ability to travel 50% of the time to different job locations both within the US and internationally (Passport required)
Other functions may be assigned as necessary.
- Actively support the company’s commitment to safety and its values
- Perform repairs and startups on water bath heaters and industrial heaters
- Schedule service jobs and coordinate with customers
- Trouble shoot over the phone within field operations
- Communicate with management team including production, engineering, and applications with regard to quality and spec issues and recommendations
Required Education and Skills:
- Possession of high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience
- Experience with section VIII Div.1 codes
- Familiar with section I codes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
NOTE: MEETING THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS, JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, ATTENDANCE AND WORKING HOURS ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICE TECH POSITION.